1. In a medium mixing bowl beat butter and granulated sugar until thoroughly combined. Beat in egg. Stir in carrot, milk, and vanilla.
2. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, cimmanom, salt and nutmeg. Add to carrot mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
3. Spray an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with nonstick coating. Pour batter evenly into pan.
4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. (Or, remove from pan after cooling 10 minutes. Then cool completely.)
5. Place a paper doily on top of the cake. Lightly sift the powdered sugar evenly over the doily. Carefully remove the doily. Makes 9 servings.
152 calories, 6g total fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 23g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 2g protein
1 1/2 starch, 1 fat