1. Rinse chicken breast halves; pat dry with paper towels.
2. In a plastic bag, combine flour, salt, the 1/2 teaspoon paprika, thyme and pepper. Add chicken breast halves, two at a time, shaking to coat. Remove chicken from bag, shaking off any excess coating into the bag. Reserve the remaining flour mixture.
3. In a 12-inch skillet heat oil. Add chicken and cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once to brown evenly. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
4. Pour off drippings in skillet and discard.
5. For gravy, in a small bowl slowly stir evaporated milk into reserved flour mixture. Stir in chicken broth; add mixture to skillet. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Serve gravy over chicken. If desired, sprinkle with additional paprika and garnish with fresh thyme. Makes 6 servings.
198 calories, 8g total fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 24g protein
1/2 starch, 3 lean meat