|Angel Hair with Asparagus and Tomatoes
|This recipe showcases fresh ingredients, asparagus, tomatoes, refrigerated pasta, and basil, and takes just 20 minutes to prepare. Preparation time: 20 min. 3 servings
•16 stalks fresh asparagus
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
•4 cloves garlic, minced
• 6 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, seeded and chopped (2-1/4 cups)
•1/4 cup dry white wine
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
• 1 9-ounce package refrigerated angel hair pasta
• 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
1. Trim asparagus and rinse in cold water. Remove the tips; set aside. Bias-slice remaining asparagus stalks into 1- to 1-1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes; cook and stir about 2 minutes more.
3. Add asparagus pieces, wine, and salt to mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Add asparagus tips; cook, uncovered, for 1 minute more. Add butter; stir until melted.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta. Return to pan and toss with asparagus mixture and basil. Makes 3 servings
1 serving:Calories 484;Fat 11g(Saturated 3g);Cholesterol 10mg;Sodium 238mg;Carbohydrate 81g(Dietary Fiber 4g);(Protein 15g)